Permanent post 30 hours per week + 5 training days
Headteacher: Mrs L Tempest
Are you an outstanding and inspirational HLTA who instils a love of learning?
Are you committed to ensuring the best possible outcomes for children in a stimulating, child-orientated environment?
Do you want to work in an innovative school where talents of staff are nurtured and contribute to national research projects?
If so then Hayfield Lane Primary School is the place for you.
We are looking to appoint a forward thinking, experienced HLTA who will provide effective classroom support, run and manage intervention groups and provide some weekly sessions of PPA cover in KS2 classes . This position has arisen due to school expansion (move to a two form entry school).
We are a friendly and innovative school who have recently been graded as GOOD by Ofsted (Jan 2018) and are rapidly moving towards OUTSTANDING. Not only are we a base school for the South Yorkshire and Humberside Maths Hub , specialising in Maths Mastery support, we also contribute annually to various, national EEF projects. Ofsted say that the school is a happy, welcoming community where children are well-behaved, confident and articulate and that staff work well as a team to ensure that our children are provided with inspirational learning experiences.
The person we are looking for will:
- Have a passion for supporting teaching and learning across the whole curriculum with a particular strength in KS2 .
- Be an outstanding practitioner and have the ability to inspire and motivate all children
- Have high expectations and a proven track record for raising achievement by working with target groups
- Be totally committed to inclusion and equality.
- Have the capacity to work collaboratively with all stakeholders to drive standards forward whilst making school a happy, exciting place for children to learn
We can offer you:
- A welcoming, friendly school with enthusiastic children who love learning
- A supportive staff team and governing body
- An exciting prospect to make an outstanding contribution to our school with excellent opportunities for career development
- A commitment to your on-going professional development based on your own talents and interests
- A supportive community who are integral to school life
This is a permanent, full time appointment.
An informal visit to the school is warmly welcomed and recommended.
Closing Date: 10th April 2018 at 3:00
Shortlisting: 19th April 2018
Interviews: 30th April 2018
For further information please contact the school (01302 770427).
Completed application forms should be addressed to:
Louise Tempest (Headteacher), Hayfield Lane Primary School, Auckley, Doncaster DN9 3NB
Please do not send CVs- they will not be examined.
Hayfield Lane Primary School is committed to safeguarding.
- Please visit our website for further information about our school, our ethos, our safeguarding policy and our code of conduct.
- We will require 2 references before an appointment will be made. One of these must come from your current Head teacher
- Applicants are requested to provide any information about unprotected criminal records in a separate sealed envelope marked “confidential - disclosure”. This should be sent to school along with the application form and addressed to the Head teacher. This information will not be considered until after shortlisting.
- This post involves working with children and therefore, if successful, you will be required to apply for a Disclosure and Barring Service records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
- We are committed to the equality of opportunity in the services provided to customers and all aspects of employment. We warmly welcome applications from all sectors of the community. Our recruitment policies, procedures and practices enable all applicants to be considered on merit and ability to do the job. We will make reasonable adjustments, in line with the Equality Act, for disabled applicants if these are needed. To find out more about Doncaster Council, please visit www.doncaster.gov.uk
Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults